Whether in the Montiggl Nature Reserve, with its beautiful mixed forest, or nestling in the vineyards along the wine route, a wide range of beautiful swimming lakes invites to stay a while. A day trip to Lago Grande di Monticolo and Lago di Caldaro or a hiking tour to Lago di Carezza turns into a relaxing, exciting and delightful experience. Or get some refreshment in our crystal-clear natural swimming pond and enjoy a day with a divine view to the mountains. Puro piacere! Simply wonderful!
Our natural swimming pond – simply wonderful!
Our swimming pond is absolutely clean and is a biotope with diverse water plants and many small aquatic animals like amphibians, frogs, water snails, marsh treaders, etc. The temperature of the pond can even reach 20°C on warmer days.
- First-class water quality thanks to the natural filter system
- Fresh water is constantly supplied
- Aqua fun without chlorine and other chemicals
- Watching plants and animals and enjoying the blue sky
Swimming with view to the Latemar
Natural swimming pondSwimming fun for everyoneSunbathing and relaxing
Lago di Caldaro in South Tyrol – the warmest lake in the Alps
Lago di Caldaro is surrounded by vineyards and is situated along the wine route. It is one of South Tyrol’s largest lake and the warmest swimming lake in Alps.
- Swimming season from May until September
- 1.8 km long, 0.9 km wide and at its deepest point 5.6 m deep
- Swimming in the lake or at the lido
- Surfing and sailing in the surfing and sailing school of the world champion Klaus Maran
- Pedalos and rowing boats
- Rich in fish (common roach, carp, pike and eel) and very interesting for anglers
- Bike tour or hiking tour around the lake and to the Leuchtenburg Castle
Ruins of the Leuchtenburg Castle above Lago di Caldaro
The legendary ruins of the Leuchtenburg Castle throne high above the lake. The castle was built in the 13th century and was the residence of the judge of Kaltern for a long time. Today, the ruins are a popular excursion destination and landmark of Lago di Caldaro.
Lago di Caldaro Biotope – a Natura 2000 nature reserve
The reed belt of the Natura 2000 nature reserve is situated at the southern shore of Lago di Caldaro. This reed belt at Lago di Caldaro is situated at the junction of the most important bird migration routes. Thus, this reed belt is roosting and nesting place for countless rare birds as well as marsh animals. Scientists have observed over 100 species of birds here.